Label

Thursday, November 11, 2010

FREEDOM

I heard the stomping of his little feet come down the stairs just before I heard his little voice, “You forgot the medicine.” I was thankful my little guy reminded me and I just smiled. Taking medicine in our house is not something we have to do on a regular basis; but the medicine bottles have sure been cluttering the counter lately.



I was surprised at how willing and energetic my boys have been to take their prescribed medications; this week it is an antibiotic and last week it was ibuprofen for a bruised rib. When it tastes good, I understand—but showing such enthusiasm even when it’s just swallowing a pill, I was a bit perplexed.



Puzzled over the lack of struggle to give doses of medicine, I asked my son, “Why are you so eager to take your medicine?”



His answer was so simple and insightful. “Because the doctor said to take it.”



As the words left his mouth and my ears digested his wisdom, I heard the Lord whisper,


“It is that simple, I am here to help you.”



Then my boy, as if to make sure I understood what he said, added, “I want to feel better Mom, so I want to do what the doctor says.”



Do we do enough of what the “Doctor” of all doctors says?



I heard some other wise words while studying this week that anchored in my heart with Veteran’s Day approaching. I heard Beth Moore say something to the effect that we are all wired for a need to know that there is someone larger than us, someone that can SAVE US!



With Veteran’s Day this week, we are celebrating, remembering those who have exemplified such bravery and served and died for us. As we remember and say thank you, I’m also remembering another who has served and died for all of humanity to save us…his name is Jesus.



My thoughts have drifted more than once this week towards thankfulness and the freedoms we have not only in the USA, but in our hearts and lives for eternity when we choose to believe in Jesus.



As we say thank you to the men and women who have chosen to serve, may we also say thank you to our God and His Son Jesus who died for us.





It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. (Gal 5:1)



May we take our hearts of gratitude one step further and look intently into all that the Doctor ordered…Our God’s orders which gives freedomnot forgetting what we have heard, but doing it. (James 1:25).



Like my son said this week, may we desire to do what the Doctor says.
May we believe that it is that simple.


May we believe that He is here to help us.


May we believe that nothing is too hard for Him...Him who brings us FREEDOM!


Thank you Jesus.

And thank you to the men and women who have served and continue to serve in the spirit of freedom!



In memory of my grandfather, who served during WWII.

No comments: