Label

Friday, October 9, 2009

"Wallah!" on the Wall


There are many mornings that I wake up with my mind spinning—like a Bingo cage spitting out the number of things that I must remember to do in just a few short hours. Then…”Wallah!” Something supernatural happens in the surroundings of my heart and I am able to see and hear differently.

I frankly despise the moments in my life when I hear someone else yell out, “Bingo,” and I am tempted to sulk in despair and defeat. I am one who rejoices with others crying out in celebratory joy and would be the first to dance in their joy; so determinedly, I CHOOSE differently. I admit the tempting thought but choose to lay down the sulking of my heart and choose love because I know the love of the Maker of this game!

Thankfully, today is not one of those tempting moments of defeat for me, but I am recognizing the antidote that God has graciously been pouring into my heart for many months now. I’m sitting still before my God and allowing Him to look over my days’ game pieces. Sip by sip from my warm mug and bit by bit from the words of truth and love digested from the pages of scripture the Bingo cage in my mind disappears.

As I gaze to the West avoiding the blinding morning rays, I’m reminded of the truth that I too am well planted like the trees along my fence line. He has hemmed me in and watered me perfectly. My Master’s hands were not afraid to get dirty and actually bled profusely so that I could abide.

Higher and higher the sun rises from the East casting rays of warmth onto the still quiet leaves. Oh, how brilliantly God’s love radiates off of His sweet precious creation. As I bask in the brilliance of our Maker it is not too long before I see His light casting a shadow of His precious creation. It’s like the trees have multiplied instantaneously. The wind begin to stir causing a chorus of rustling leaves around me, beckoning my heart and eyes to see and my ears to hear, “Go….let God’s light shine and cast a shadow on another today.”

Who will you be divinely planted next to today? Will someone need to rest in the shadow of the Almighty? Will someone need comfort found in the coolness of your shadow? Will someone feel comfortable in your shadow and then need you to strategically duck so that they can experience the Comforter? Whichever plans God has for you today may you first capture the warmth of His love in your heart and then enjoy fully the loving shadows He casts of you throughout the day.

John 15:1-17, Psalm 23:6, Psalm 34:5, Psalm 139:5, Psalm 91:1, 1John 4:19, Isaiah 60:5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely thoughts, Julie. :)

It's good to remember that when you step out to start your day. To make a conscience decision to watch for where God wants you to love and help someone else during the day. Thanks for the reminder!

Miss you!