Label

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Shake Your Booty

This is what I woke up to this morning…




Actually I have been waking up to this every morning for quite a while.


The picture does not do the display of excitement justice. Some days, I know he is up by the sound of the crib shaking. My 9 month old boy not only smiles from ear to ear but he has got rhythmic knees that know just how to shake.

So much has been filling my heart this week—and so much I want to write and share—but this picture says alot for me right now.



Let me explain first, that on Monday morning I woke up with a bizarre set of lyrics from a song in my head. “Shake Your Booty,” rattled in my head and Ihad this inclination to ask God..."Why?"


Sometimes when things just seem absurd, don't you ask Him, "Why?"


Having these lyrics in my head was just funny to me, because I don't watch much televsion, or even listen to much radio...and I don't remember hearing those lyrics recently. I also noticed that after settling my heart a bit with God in His Word before the Lane clan awoke and I went on to prepare breakfast and lunches for the day, I was filled with great inspiration for my busy week ahead. I even posted something on Facebook about it.


So, since Monday, the word 'Shake' has been on my mind!


I felt compelled to look up verses with the word 'shake' in them...I found myself in Isaiah 52 and was reminded of how dirty and dusty my feet actually were while meeting with some girlfriends doing ministry at the park. (Long story, but if you want to see some really awesome upcoming things happening check out Girlfriendit beginning October 1st!



Anyway...back to what's shakin...


Tomorrow I am off with one of my biggest loving cheerleaders in my life--my Mom! And we are off to a women’s retreat in the mountains. I just have a feeling that God is going to shake things up a bit, and bring smiles to our hearts and faces. I am expecting Him to do great things!


Here is one of my favorite pictures of my mom, it reveals her wild, adventurous side...


This adventurous side is so often overlooked in us women.

*Someone has to be the tamer amongst wild animals in life*


Will you join me in praying for this special time set apart for me and my sweet mother. And pray this verse over your own precious heart girlfriend! (Please insert your own name in place of mine and my mothers).


Awake, awake, O Zion, clothe yourself with strength.
Put on your garments of splendor,
O Julie and Linda, the holy ones of the Lord.
The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again.
Shake off your dust; rise up, sit enthroned, O Julie and Linda.
Free yourself from the chains on your neck, O captive daughters of Zion.

Isaiah 52:1&2


WE ARE HIS DAUGHTERS!

Hallelujah! May He do some shaking this weekend and give our hearts peace and rest!


He will do this for all of us if we ask...don't you agree?

*This is me and my mom about 37 years ago...during the days she was greeted every morning with me shaking the crib. {INSERT great big God and Julie SMILES}

No comments: