Label

Friday, January 22, 2010

AGAIN and AGAIN


Aren’t the ways of this world wild and unpredictable at times? We pass through some great trial, maybe some bad news here and some new stress there…living can be difficult and I don’t know how I would survive in this world without HOPE and faith in God.
Storms are part of some recent winter weather patterns here in the desert where I live and well…storms are just part of life aren’t they? We can be hit with one right after the other or maybe it’s been quite awhile since the last one but memories are triggered and thoughts run wild and we forget that we were forgiven, redeemed and delivered from that storm and our hearts get shaken again-maybe double time.
On the drive to take my kids to school the boys were pointing out all the trees that could not withstand the storm last night. They made it through the storm the night previous…why not this one? Were the rains just too harsh and the winds just too strong and their roots just not deep enough?
What about us? It’s scary thinking about the storms in this life that are able to uproot us. Rather than focus on the storm I sense my God calling me to focus on what keeps my roots grounded…Him! Remembering the story of Jesus walking on water; well Matthew writes in his account that Peter walked too (I find it so interesting that of the three friends of Peter who wrote about this miracle of Jesus walking; Matthew is the only one who accounted for Peter walking on the water to meet Jesus…another thought for another time). When Peter saw the wind, he was afraid and began to sink and cried out to Jesus to save him. (Matthew 14:22-32)
Let’s face it; we don’t want to be without faith and look foolish so let’s keep our eyes off of the storm and keep from looking like the man with his pants on the ground. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwhl4IrPNc
A catchy tune can be so great and bring a smile and as the boys were “OOOOin’ and AAAAWWin’” over the numerous uprooted trees the Spirit allowed me to capture these lyrics “I looked as deep as I can see and I think I need a little more of You…in the middle of me.” (Todd Agnew…”The Middle of Me”)
A catchy truth to lighten the load because sometimes our “little present difficulties” just feel so heavy! The ‘little present difficulties’ can be more weighty than the ‘GREAT past difficulties’ that God so wonderfully delivered us from already!
A storm can leave us feeling weak and worn out…but He gives strength (Isa 40:29) and when we call out for even just a simple need of thirst; God delivers; He enables us to drink and revives our hearts AGAIN! (Judges 15:18-19).
I’m convinced God is in favor of the word ‘again,’ because He keeps delivering me and strengthening me AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN! I will seek Him AGAIN and AGAIN and deepen these roots of mine.

No comments: