Label

Friday, May 7, 2010

Hands and Feet


WOW! It’s not even lunch time and I just woke from a little morning nap. I’m baffled by this incessant need to rest and sleep that has overcome me this week. I’m thankful that I am sleeping so wonderfully at night; but this 8-10 hours just doesn’t seem to be enough. I was in my comfy jammies and ready for bed before the sun went down last night and I could not wait for my nightly motherly duties to be complete so that my head could hit the pillow.
This morning I asked God for energy to get some things done that I have put off this week because of my sleepiness. His answer in the moment was no as I couldn’t fight the urge to rest this morning after breakfast and my workout.

I exercised a bit thinking that would get me going and while I was riding my exercise bike I felt the Spirit nudge me to notice these finger paintings on the wall…they are quite a few years old…at least 5 or 7 years ago when my boys hands were much tinier and much more fascinated with finger paints and I was into the delight on their faces as they got their fingers in the gooey paints.

The finger paints reminded me what I read earlier this week about this growing baby inside of me. God is developing his or her hands and feet in my womb this week. As I try to wrap my mind around this marvelous wonderful act, tears fill up my eyes.


To fully realize that God is doing a miracle inside of me right now is both humbling and inspiring. God knows exactly what these hands and feet will soon be getting in to and I pray that they become vessels of His love and Kingdom work.

Oh, Lord, may the light of your face shine upon us—specifically this precious new life you are weaving inside of me. I surrender to your work yet again, laying down my desires. The chores of this day will wait for Your proper timing. “I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.” (Psalm 4:8) Obviously, you desire for me to rest while you do your wonders creating some precious hands and feet!