Label

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Surprising Expectations


Oh, I can’t believe I missed a whole month of not posting on my blog.
April was a busy month full of lots of writing and preparation. I was able to complete quite a few chapters from my book and now I only have 5 more to piece together (praying May will be the month to finish these up so I can edit over the summer). This month I also prepared for a conference with MTS (Mending the Soul Ministries); not to mention I started up an aerobics class 4 days a week…all of that led up to me being able to say… “I’m expecting!”
Expecting specifically baby #3 this coming December. The big news was found out first on Saturday, April 17th and I just had my first OB appointment this week; and so amazing to see this little tiny seed already have a heartbeat of 120bpm. I got teary eyed and filled with such joy as this little light shown right from the center of the sweet pea in my belly…thumping away exemplifying every bit of life
I’ve embraced a whirlwind of emotions since first realizing I’m pregnant, and I admit the least glamorous mood that reared its ugly head and tipped me off first to take a pregnancy test was a heightened awareness of my irritability. I tried to keep this ‘ugly head’ under wraps between God and I…and laugh about it whenever I could…hormones are really strange and unpredictable and if I could escape them right now I wouldJ
With God’s help, exercise, eating right and enough rest I know I can keep these mood swings at bay.
The same way I am keeping these moods under control by surrendering them to God—I am surrendering my fears. I am a bit older this time around than I was when I was pregnant with my boys. The risks of the baby having chromosomal problems increased when I skipped over that age of 35. As I listened to the doctor rattle off all the ‘could happens’ and all the tests to verify the chances and all the risks…the verses from Philippians 4 came to my mind….and as I’m typing this up right now; I got on www. Crosswalk.com and typed in the chapter and had to chuckle because 2 verses were highlighted in pink and 1 verse was highlighted in baby blue. (I’M NOT LYING!)
When I clicked to copy and paste it HERE in my writing, it would not carry over the highlighted part…so weird and I just have to think that God is speaking these verses over me and this precious baby: First highlighted in pink was this: “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” (Phil 4:8-9) Then highlighted in baby blue was the following scripture “I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Phil 4:13)
I’m clinging to God’s truth again and again; as baby and I rest in His loving arms. Pink-blue-boy- girl…I entrust these emotions and the health of this baby to God…He will meet all of our needs. (Phil 4:19)