Label

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WORD WEDNESDAY *Forgive*

Has the word forgive been popping up for anyone else?  Such a process and probably the best description of forgiveness that I have ever read or heard explained to me was from the book Mending the Soul, by Steven Tracey--Chapter 10. 

I woke up this morning with the lyrics from Chris August's song titled, 7X70 playing over in my head reminding me of both the wrong that I have endured and the wrong that I have also given in this life.  Have you heard them?

7 times 70 times
I’ll do what it takes to make it right
I thought the pain was here to stay
But forgiveness made a way
7 times 70 times
There’s healing in the air tonight
I’m reaching up to pull it down
Gonna wrap it all around

I lost count of the ways you let me down
But no matter how many times you weren’t around
I’m all right now

God picked up my heart and helped me through
And shined a light on the one thing left to do
And that’s forgive you
I forgive you

7 times 70 times
If that’s the cost I’ll pay the price
7 times 70 times
I’ll do what it takes to make it right
I thought the pain was here to stay
But forgiveness made a way

7 times 70 times
There’s healing in this house tonight
Also, remember a couple of weeks back when we read that Jesus calls us 'friend?' 

I'm smiling as I write and see the words in Luke 5 where some men carried a paralytic man on a mat through the roof to get to Jesus for healing.  Jesus said in verse 20 after seeing their faith, "Friend, your sins are forgiven." 

Then again Jesus talks about a friend, a woman who has been forgiven in Luke 7:47...the shimmer of hope, the legacy that I want to leave..."her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much."  A princess for sure.

Isn't it true, aren't the most loving people we know also the most forgiving people? 

What about you...I'm curious if any other words have been whispered to you these past couple of days? 

No comments: