Label

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good Morning Sunshine!


“Hi Sunshine!” These are words that I often hear come out of one of my best girlfriends when I see her or answer her phone calls. I so feel God’s love radiate through her when I hear her voice. Since I’ve been thinking of His love for us I have also been reflecting on those in my life who clearly allow themselves to be a vessel for God’s love.


I so want to be a vessel for Him and I realize that in order for God to be able to love others through me; I need to allow Him to love me first! I used to think that because of my past I was never going to be able to love or be loved in a healthy manner...but I know many who don't share the same past as me and they too are hungry for love; hungry to be known; and hungry to matter to someone. All the same things that I have hungered for and at times still find myself hungry for...


I did not grow up learning about Jesus in my home, but without even hearing about who He was; I felt a desire to know Him at a young age. Since an adolescent I have been on a journey to find Love….and to His glory I have found His Love! Thank you Jesus!

I find it daily and know this love because it is found in God’s Word! I love reading the Bible for a lot of reasons…but probably the greatest joy in reading the Bible is finding the treasures of His love for me in His Word. I often pray His Word and insert my name like this because so many Bible teachers and authors have encouraged me to do this...


With God, I am patient, with God, I am kind….or God is patient with me, God is kind to me”1 Cor 13:4-8.


“The Lord your God is with ME, He is mighty to save. He takes great delight in ME…” Zeph 3:17.


“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, Your unfailing love for ME will not be shaken…” (Isaiah 54:10)

I could go on and on…there is such a hunger in my soul to grasp His love for me….How about you? Let’s pray this one together…

Lord, I pray that I (Insert your name )would be rooted and established in Your love, and that I (your name) would have power together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that I, (your name)may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Eph 3:17-19)

Hallelujah He has and is so willing to give us His power to know His love…even if we don’t sense it at a particular time in our journey, for whatever reason. (I so...feel His prompting to write about this later)…we can know His love because of Him and His glory, Amen!
You GIRLFRIEND...you who look to Him are radiant... (Psalm 34:5).

Have a great day Sunshine! May you know and sense His love shining on you today!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that girlfriend you're talking about. ;-) When Cameo called when I was in the hospital she said, "Good Morning, Sunshine! Do you know who this is??" And I said, "I have no idea, but I think I like you!!!!!" There's something about those words and Cameo's smiley face saying them :) that just makes ya have to smile back, huh? Awww... now you're making me homesick!

One of the phrases I love is "Love Wins". I saw it on Konnie's SUV one day after Bible Study. I don't know exactly what the makers of the bumper sticker meant by it, but what it made me think of is how God is love. Love wins, God Wins. God is always triumphant. By showing love to others, you're "winning" and taking the power back from all the evil in the world one small loving moment at a time. Whoa, that's deep. :-P j/k