Label

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Glorious!!


I was glancing out my window this morning after being in the Word and the lyrics of David Crowder’s song “Everything Glorious” played in my head thanks to a Facebook friend and the Spirit!!!

WOW!! It’s pretty remarkable how God can take a little bit of this and a little bit of that and place it all on a brilliant beautiful platter of love before I start the day. I just have to take time this morning to capture and share this moment.

I surely don’t do this enough. Taking this time to say thank you and share surely increases the joy in my heart…I think it must all be part of His plan.

As I glanced out my living room window as the late winter sun was rising it shone on my neighbor’s tree which seemed to be glistening…glowing in a sense. I realized part of the reason it was so brightly shining was that it was undergoing a transfiguration of sorts…it’s the end of December and finally cold enough for the leaves to change and they were bright yellow like an aspen’s leaves are in early October. Only the far side of the tree that did not touch our fence line was changing and glowing but the leaves were so bright yellow that they seemed to light up the entire tree.

My eyes could not help but be drawn to it…as just prior I read the Message 2 Cor 3:18…”All of us! Nothing between us and God; our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.”

Oh isn’t this true? The more we die and allow our leaves and our own desires to change, the more we become transfigured, allowing God to enter our hearts, minds and souls. The NLT says that when we do this; we “brightly reflect the glory of the Lord.”

I just have to delight in this moment this morning and say…God, you surely make everything glorious and I am Yours!!! Please keep showing me your heart and your ways and help me to continue to take pause and capture these glorious moments!

No comments: