Label

Monday, March 9, 2009

Wherever the wind blows...

Last night I was watching a reality TV show last night. One contestant was waiting to partake in a challenge that consisted of gliding down a mountain slope with an instructor; however, the wind was not blowing in the right direction or a safe speed so the participant had to either wait it out or choose to hike by foot down the mountain.
This man chose to wait it out because of the steep hike down; and I was intrigued and a bit sadden at his words while waiting. The older gentleman said something to the effect that there was no bother asking God to help him out and change the wind, for God is so busy with other things in the world right now.
I don’t know how long the gentleman waited but the wind eventually died down and shifted, allowing the man to partake and complete the challenge; and the man failed to really acknowledge God but said, “It’s a miracle!”
This man’s sense that God was too busy to hear him saddened me; for I realized how much we do try to put God in the same category as maybe our humanly fathers, who are incapable of being omniscient, omnipresent and omnipowerful!! I don’t know how I lived life before I grasped the truth of God and His love for us. Praise God, I am becoming more and more aware of my God’s love for me and that I know God is so caring and compassionate and aware of my every need and that I can ask Him for anything!!! This encourages me daily and gives me hope in this life!!
Earlier that day I read Matthew 7:7-8…Ask, seek and knock…Oh our Lord desires to answer our hearts! And this scripture references one of my favorite scriptures, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jer 29:11-12)
All we need to do is ask…seek and knock! I witnessed someone like the man on the reality TV show asking for God to intervene with the wind recently. Just the night prior I attended a wedding that was performed outside and the judge performing the ceremony told the groom that the unity candle just doesn’t work outside and encouraged them to just walk through the motions. Well, the bride, had her heart set on lighting the candles and expressed to her husband, you’ve got to have faith! Just like God stopped the wind for that man on the reality tv show; God stopped the wind so the candles could be lit…just long enough!!! All the bride did was ask God with faith!
As I’m processing this, my eight year old son is intrigued by faith and reading in Hebrews…and he just piped up and said, “Mom, without faith it is impossible to please God.” I agree-I just have to believe that God wants us to ask Him…have faith…ask and have faith expecting Him to answer.
Now I think I need to ponder what I need to ask Him for today…

No comments: