Label

Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Peckin' Down the Princess Path


 As I said YES! to writing last week I prayed and asked God for guidance while on my literal walk and I couldn't pass up this time to share a bit of my journey with you. 

May it inspire you down your own path with Him!

I was just so excited to hear God whisper affirmations of YES!  

For where there is fresh revelation of God - vision...there is life! right?! (Proverbs 29:18)

I want to be careful not to squeeze too much out of His Word - but where the spirit of the Lord is...there is freedom for my heart and I am choosing to allow these truths to fuel me forward.

Really it was like God was replying with crescendos of a LOUD YES! after YES!; and I just cannot hold back sharing the details.

This past week while meeting with a group of FABULOUS Bible studying women we talked about the different ways that God speaks to our hearts.  Conversations like this just jazz-up both my heart and prepare my fingertips for a song of their own as they hit the keyboard of my laptop. 

In past writings I have shared the gift of ladybugs; you can read it here.  And this week I heard how God sent someone a ‘helicopter’ to remind their heart that He is hovering all around. 

How does God speak to you? 

Do you share these experiences with others? 

I hope you do; but I so understand why you may not…I used to feel weird sharing the quiet moments with God I experienced with others…and some times there may be moments that God wants us to keep private just between us…but I also believe He wants to be known and thus we feel nudges to share!  

We are set here on Earth to make Him famous; and after all Deuteronomy 6 talks about how we are to love Him and talk to our children about Him.  And I know I love to hear how my God speaks to the heart of someone else…it helps me not to forget Him who has saved me and made me new! 

I have been wrestling with how to spend my time recently; I am a writer (I say this with a new humble confidence - still discovering what this exactly means at times) and have been working here and there on things. My most important jobs are those which have hats as wife/helper/mother  and they have been the main focus recently as all 4 of the males in my life are entering into new seasons and in need of my time and some nurturing.  

{Insert Vulnerable Admission}:  It is challenging for me to balance it all. 

Sometimes I boldly step forward feeling confident in what I am doing and other times I doubt that I am even on the right track.  After feeling the nudge to take a step back from writing as I wrote about here; I felt another nudge to say yes later and I wrote here…as I literally walked on the path and asked God to speak; I heard the words: ‘Keep sprinkling Julie!’

These are the small white petals I saw sprinkling the path as I heard Him whisper. 

*{Insert deep breath}

Then walking further on the path I continued to pray and give God the desires of my heart…I so don’t want to write just to write or write. We all desire to have our actions matter - right?!  

As I remembered my list of 5 things to currently say yes to (next season the list may change…I am giving myself permission now to say yes to new things then) and God seemed to show me a picture of my heart cry and it was as if He was saying…”I GET IT!”   (Don’t our hearts yearn to hear that someone understands)

 See these two ducks…they are out enjoying the green grass, venturing out a little bit farther from the lake than what I normally see…


In this next picture, you can see that the lake is still in sight...I felt nudged to turn around and see the lake behind me as I walked and I took this picture.   It is right here where God whispered, “Yes, Julie, your source of living water is always in sight.”

Do you hear God speak like this?  Oh, keep asking Him to speak to your heart if you don’t…He desires to energize you and inspire you as you walk with Him – I do believe this is true!  

Walking further on the path that I have walked numerous times this past year was something else fresh and new that spoke to my heart…I was remembering a girlfriend’s comment about my parenting choices recently, which I valued greatly because she is now past parenting her own boys and enjoying grand-parenting.  She told me how important it is for us to do what we love to do and encourage our children to do what they love to do!  

I felt the truth in that and know that God used these words to encourage my heart to keep going.  Then as if to emphasize this point, I heard a woodpecker doing what they love to do—pecking!  Except, it was odd to me that the sound was near the palm trees, not the adjacent pine trees.  I just didn’t expect it, I guess, and sure enough, I saw the woodpecker in this palm tree (but he flew away just before I took this pic). 

I kept walking and then heard from behind the sound of the wood pecker not pecking a tree, but the steel light pole. I literally laughed out loud, as I was so amused hearing the woodpecker doing what it loves to do...what it was made to do...peck!

Yes, you would have thought I was a little cuckoo and I would have had a hard time explaining my laughter while all alone on the path...but I wasn't alone, for God whispered, “I love you.” 

Are you doing what you love doing?  

I am smiling pecking away at this keyboard...thank you Jesus!

Let’s keep peckin’ along our princess path and inspire another along the way.

No comments: