Label

Friday, October 22, 2010

Things to Treasure


I just got back from dropping off the boys at school and had an unplanned impromptu coffee and prayer time with a couple of girlfriends.

So great to sit and chat and thank God with girlfriends and then to encourage one another through the daily grind of life. I was even unexpectedly challenged to take a look at my own heart and tendency toward waywardness because a girlfriend was brave enough to share her own challenges of the heart.

How often do we get the chance to be comfortable and genuinely share our hearts in this life?
My body craves this and desires to be a catalyst for environments like this…oh the things I treasure in this life!

In the same way I have been cleaning out junk drawers and closets this week and organizing and getting the baby’s room ready I want my life to be full of the same. Where I am constantly being challenged to allow God’s Spirit to clean out my heart and lead me, much like the Psalmist’s words in Psalm 139:23-24

“Search me, O God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in a the way of everlasting”

In the same way that I sat soaking up the completeness of the work done in the baby’s room this week; may I sit and soak up the Lord’s work in my own heart and be brave enough to share it with those around me.

May I be ready for not only baby Jacob to occupy his room;
but ready for any good work that the Lord has for me to do. (2 Tim 2:21).

Like I plan on teaching my sons…may I first take it to heart and welcome you girlfriend as well…
We are loved, we are precious and we are treasured.

May we not fear a little cleaning up around our home or heart…but treasure them!

No comments: