Label

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Days 27-28 Living on Purpose with Furby

I love knowing that there is always a way out…and recently our hamster found a way out of his cage. This totally makes me think of how we can easily cage ourselves in by dwelling on and trying to fix our lives by ourselves—but with God…there is always a way out and it is freeing!

What do we desire to find a way out of??? Oh, I’m guessing some may want a way out of their financial problems, a way out of depressing thoughts, a way out of a feeling of insignificance, a way out of a relationship that is toxic, a way out of chaos, a way out of destructive behavior or some sort of addiction, or a way out of some sefl-defeating behavior…

Yet, just like our hamster Furby, being outside the walls of our cage can be quite scary. Furby was a bit shaken up by his journey and I have to say I am often shaken up by my own journey in this life. It is such a journey that we are on…a journey to maturing and becoming more and more like Christ. A journey that requires much patience and persistency; much like the patience and persistency I had to possess in finding where Furby had run off to.

In this process (oooh…and our maturity is such a process) of finding Furby, my family and I moved out everything from the crevices of the house and dusted off things that have not been dusted in awhile. Isn’t this much how we grow ourselves…I mean, dusting out the crevices of our lives emotionally, physically and spiritually. Getting real with ourselves and bringing everything out into the light and dealing with what God puts before us.

Oh, I know I have been through some seasons and think I may be coming out of one where I am doing some major house cleaning in this life of mine. Hence, my burning desire to write and reflect on what God is doing. I am never arriving--just forever striving and I don't want to forget what God has done because it brings me such joy knowing what He has done, is doing and will do in my life! I am content to be at a place where I know I am not where I want to be, but I know I am not where I used to be either.

For, I know that “God began doing a good work in me (I remember long ago as a little girl before I even knew Him…He was whispering my name) and I am sure he will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again.” Phil 1:6 NCV

I still have this under currant of a picture that I believe God has drawn my heart to that I want to share and will when I have more time…for now I am resting in the peace He has brought me. It is pretty cool that in the book Purpose Driven Life Warren is speaking so much of becoming like Christ and at the same time God has me studying the life of Christ…and I want to get out of the boat and meet Him—face to face! Into His marvelous light I'm running...oh yes I am!!

No comments: