Label

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Help!

I chuckled to myself when I got home from Bible Study the other night and saw that one of my boys wrote a little note in response to my first note to him and the rest of my boys.

As I smiled and let the love of my boy sink in, I felt God whisper to me, "Yes, let My Love sink in."

I haven't always had a heart to ask for help...either from others, my boys, and especially not from God.  But I am learning as I take little baby steps, what it means to walk humbly with my King.  Hmmmm...we don't have to get it just right before we take those first steps, do we?  We have the freedom in Christ to walk...to take those 'freedom baby steps.'  (Want to be encouraged to take some FREEDOM STEPS...check out this album another princess is debuting soon).

Do you need help?
Do you ask others for help?
Do you ask God for help?

I have definitely been that kind of wife, mother and friend in recent years that did not need help, for I felt that I could take care of things best on my own.  If I asked for help I used to feel that I was fully displaying all of my weakness and fraility for all to see--and who wants to display weakness.  (Ah, yes, but when we are weak, You are strong (1 Cor 4:10). 

Can you relate?

This week in my studying...please feel free to join me and others on the Princess Path and let me know if you want to join in on the studying 1 John, we are just beginning Chapter 2 and you can get my eBook here...we just talked about God being our help.

As I stare at the words penned by my boy, I also think of the words God inspired others to pen and I know God is with me in spirit and encouraging me to ask for help. 

Do these scriptures stir your heart like they do mine?

"Now go, I will help you..." (Exodus 14:12)

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty. (Numbers 33:26)

"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."  (Isaiah 41:13)


Who is your help?  How do you ask for help?

No comments: