Label

Monday, October 29, 2012

Preparing For The Task....with MUSIC!


My devotional reminded me this morning of this picture I took this past weekend of my boy.  Jesus Calling for today reads, “…A great athlete takes time to prepare himself mentally for the feat ahead of him, before he moves a muscle.” 

Do you prepare yourself mentally for the day?  Anyone like my boy would be a little ‘shaky’ (this is the word he used to describe how he felt before his first playoff championship game).  Just like me and you; he desires to do well; remember what he has been coached and finish the game with both accolades of 'well done' and a 'W' is always the goal!  

O Lord, help us to finish this game of life well...

With a desire to teach my boy who to rely on—who to lean on to persevere through this familiar ‘shaky feeling;’ I am thankful the Lord brought to my memory; Psalm 16:8 to share with him.  “I have set the LORD always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” 

Then dad cranked out the playlist for our boy to listen to and it helped him focus and prepare for the task at hand.   Hmmmm...music has such a purpose in our lives.  

Does music help prepare you for certain tasks?

O Lord, please make my boys, make us those who seek You...those who seek to linger in Your presence; taking the time to prepare mentally for whatever the task is at hand. 
O Lord…please make it so….
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name
“10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)”
I heard this during worship at my church this weekend; you can listen here.

Do song lyrics and scriptures come to your mind often?  O, may it be so….

I would love to hear what has been brought to your mind recently.

*Just a few more days to be entered in to win a copy of the devotional.  Drawing to be held November 1st!



No comments: